Sunday, 28 October 2012

A little bit of frivolity

Memories of Italy
Welcome: how wonderful that you are visiting this page, and have found my latest blog (I've lost count, but they all serve different purposes, so here's the story behind this one). From time to time - and particularly as now when I am sitting by the fire with a streaming cold - I forget about 'work' and decide to play. My energy fades, insufficient to write my usual 500-word-plus story-posts and source and manipulate photos. But thoughts are swirling, and I visualise this as a sort of scrapbook; minuscule patchwork 'entries'. Things that catch my fancy and are quick to post; pretty and quirky and even frivolous, stitched together with a thread of seriousness. As for the title; well, it fell from my pen into my notebook, and I liked it, and as both words have always been particularly relevant to my life, that's what I am calling it!

The little 'pocket book' shown above was made to accompany a visit to Italy that never happened, so in it I slipped mementos from former times - and as with everything I do, there is a story behind what you see. The  2ft tall 'Aceto di Vino' jar is one such; I'll take a photo and post that on another occasion.

Thankyou for visting - not much to read right now, but I hope you will come back often; and if you feel able to leave a comment, that would give me so much pleasure.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, sorry to hear you're suffering again. hope you make a quick recovery. This new blog sounds good and I look forward to following it. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your kind comment Beacee, and for FOLLOWING! I hope you won't be disappointed. It's actually a bit of light relief to be doing this. Something I can do quickly between other tasks. Ann xx

      Delete
  2. Also signed on, hope the cold gets better....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thelma, thankyou - and I love your North Stoke blog - seems we have similar interests. I'm just gong back onto your site and then if I can remember how, will add it to my list here. All the best Ann xx (P.S. Not sure how you found me, and maybe I should know but am much befuddled at present!)

      Delete
    2. Hi Ann, I found you probably by reading other blogs think it was Jennie(BoveyBelle), but you are very inspirational as to creating anything you want. Words bubbling into one's head need to find a home and I must admit you made me think about a daily journal. Best wishes....

      Delete
  3. Hello dear Ann, in your new place. I hope that it will, indeed, be a delight for you...then it will be for us.

    Take good, good care of yourself and enjoy the cosseting.

    xo
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lesley; the cosseting is doing me good, and I am excited about creating what I hope will be beautiful, and calming for all who come this way. Ann. xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry you are feeling poorly,I do hope it does not stay with you long.I am fascinated that so many clever people can create multiple blogs, I need you as a neighbour as i badly needed to make a second one for a cause that I do and cannot get it up and running,however i will try again,you have encouraged me.I shall be back as it sounds like this is going to a lovely interesting blog.Thanks Ann and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete