Sunday, 2 December 2012

Directions


A breath of Spring - and we're not even
through Autumn yet!


There comes a day, or a week, when the beat of your heart seems to falter – not literally, but in the mind. A sort of crossroads in your life, reflections of where you are and where you want to be. Strange that in 75 years this has never happened to me. Until now. Oh, plenty of times when I have said, “if only …” and “I wish …” and did nothing about it. Duty and commitments and the never-ending toil held my hands and led me on, always with a purpose. None of that has altered; I am where I want to be. 


But something is missing. I am under-achieving, cannot even ‘word-whisper’ my longing. The beat of my heart will not go on forever; yet I have much still to do … avenues and roads to explore, and a dearly-beloved to care for. So what is it that I seek? New beginnings … a step along an unknown path, down creative track-ways as yet to discover, ever searching … “and miles to go before I sleep.”

1 comment:

  1. Never underachieving!
    Now you've given up a major part of your work there must, I guess be a period of almost mourning, certainly a sense of loss.
    For now the soil that produced the magazine needs to lie fallow and recover its heart. Wait and see what spring brings! (Easy to say, but not so easy to do!)
    Barbara xxxx

    ReplyDelete