Saturday, 23 February 2013

Creating with seedpods

Strange how the mind has lapses and remembering simple tasks becomes impossible. Just now, I was again playing with the iPad because it is such a useful device when we are away from home. Though right now I am lazily lap-tapping in bed, not because I am I'll, but within that early morning draining tea time. And I was practising using the photo app which comes with the iPad but can't find - or have forgotten - how to get an image into a blog post! Emailed it to myself, saved it, and now cannot find where it has been stored. So I will have to resort to the laptop.

But the purpose of this image is to share my love of seedpods. Nigella, or Love-in-a-Mist which has delighted me ever since I was a child. Annuals, I sow them every year, they they self-seed readily. The seedpods change from a subtle green with tinges of mauve and then the whole thing changes to a bleached calico colour. I sketched a page full some years ago, emphasising the colour. It was during the time I went to an art class and was encouraged to work LARGE though I prefer miniatures so it was a tough assignment. Later, I scanned the results and used them in this cover for a textile book which was to be called 'Seeds of Inspiration' - a joint project with a friend in America. The project fell by the wayside, but I still have the notebook in which are recorded all the entries that were to be created back and forth between here and the USA. They just never came to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment