Sunday, 3 February 2013

Reminds me of Summer

Summer flowers - and a feeling of sunshine
Sorting my digital photos today, or some of them, to remind myself of what I have, or have forgotten I have. And this one reminds me of the hot summer when I made potpourri - or my version of it - from dried rose petals, feverfew (such a wonderful bright white) and catmint. All retain their colour and even their scent after many years, so long as they are not subject to direct sunlight. (Last year was hopeless for creating anything like this as the plants were rarely dry and would have gone mouldy.) In the background is a beautiful casket my husband made for me, turned from kingwood; and when you lift the lid, their are a number of round spaces into which to slot little bottles of essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment