Saturday, 9 March 2013

My creative weekend

A glorious example of what you can do with fabric from NaturaLeigh
(seen on their stand at a recent trade show for the craft supplies industry)
I am skiving! Should be working, planning schedules and writing. But the urge to create  overwhelms me, and I have a list of projects to complete, and exciting new ones to begin. So I make notes, as usual, in my 'commonplace book' and sort fabrics, paper and supplies, and am delight in the fact I will be able to replenish stocks at the NEC (National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, UK, 21st-24th March) at 'Sewing for Pleasure' and two other shows - all interlinked: 'Hobbycrafts' and 'Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch'. And I will be making a beeline for a stall that I only discovered in the Autumn: NaturaLeigh who supply the most beautiful fabrics and embellishments for textile projects. 

Beautiful ribbons, too - can't wait to visit the Show.
French Chambray fabric to die for, and embellishments; ribbons and wooden buttons, delicately painted in subtle colours. Or as they state: All toward the nostalgic look I am aiming for, for items I am producing for the forthcoming Warwickshire Open Studios, when I am again exhibiting in my caravan. I have been collecting and devouring books on 'nostalgia' over the last few months - the latest on the flea markets of France (never been to one, but here's hoping). I must list them some time.

Experiments!
So whereas my exhibition last year was mostly on past work, landscape and nature-based, this year will see a different approach. And projects will be outlined as I work on them in my 'Journaling the Journal' blog, with step-by-step guidance on some of the techniques I use and have developed over the years. I don't usually add links to 'Dilemmas & Delights' but am so excited about what I am doing creatively this year, that I wanted to share. A delight for me, and maybe a dilemma for you, if you don't like the idea of clicking onto other sites.

1 comment:

  1. I will be eagerly awaiting your works,I enjoy your blog so much and it brings me much joy.

    ReplyDelete